Admission requirements and deadlines for applying for scholarships
are the same as for the program.
Applicants must inform if they are only applying for the program or
also for a scholarship.
following all instructions found there.
In particular, applications must be formalised by sending the following documents:
1. Photocopy of Identity Card/Citizen Card or Passport, Residence Permit,
or other identification document in the case of foreign applicants;
2. Certificates of qualifications indicating the degrees held by the
applicant; if applying for a scholarship, academic degrees
conferred by foreign institutions must be recognised by Direção-Geral
do Ensino Superior or by a
public Portuguese Higher Education Institution
(for more information, see DGES)
3. Certificate of disciplines of the study programme completed by the applicant
as well as the grades awarded and the respective credits;
4. Curriculum Vitae;
5. Three reference letters from professors or researchers with a Ph.D.
working in an internationally recognised Higher Education Institution;
6. One motivation letter stating their scientific objectives for
joining the MAP-PDMA programme, and any other document the candidate
may consider relevant to the assessment of merit mentioned
in the curriculum vitae;
7. If applying for a PhD grant within the Doctoral Programme FCT MAP-PDMA
in Applied Mathematics, a declaration of awareness and acceptance of
the rules in the file: RegulamentoBolsasFCT2015
For any further clarification, please contact via